Where: University Road
When: Monday 11th January 2016 until Friday 15th January 2016 (weather dependent) (9.00am until 5.00pm each day).
We are writing to inform you about a road closure which is necessary along University Road. This is to allow for a crane lift onto the Institute of Transport Studies site. The work is part of the £3.9M refurbishment of the Transport Studies Building which is a key project contributing to our aim of creating a world class campus.
View the ITS road closure map (PDF) to see details of the site and location of the road closure.
For staff, students and visitors this will mean:
- Vehicles will not be able to enter or leave campus via University Road between the hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Pedestrian access to the campus from Clarendon Road and the West will be temporarily diverted via the adjacent Lifton Place
- Vehicles will not be able to access parking in Red Zone during the hours of 9.00 – 5.00pm. However vehicles may be parked before 9.00am and collected after 5.00pm only.
For delivery vehicles this will mean:
- Deliveries onto campus via University Road cannot be made between the hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm.
- Please try to re-arrange your deliveries outside of these hours. Alternatively deliveries can be made early morning but please ensure the vehicle is off site by 9am.
Access for emergency vehicles will be provided.
Thank you for your cooperation and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Ben Walker on firstname.lastname@example.org or the Estates Helpdesk on 0113 34 35491