Temporary Closure of Vernon Road
This is to allow for essential works from Tuesday 18 April to Monday 15 May for a period of 4 weeks.
During this time we will repair an old Victorian brick culvert adjacent to the Multi-Storey car park and also divert a gas main that enters EC Stoner but currently crosses under the Nexus building site.
This work is part of the two-year, £38m investment scheme to construct Nexus; a new innovation and enterprise centre that will be a high profile gateway to research and innovation at the University and UK-leading environment for collaboration and partnership.
Dates of closure: Tuesday 18 April to Monday 15 May
For staff, students and visitors this will mean:
- There will be no access to the Multi-Storey car park from Woodhouse Lane.
- Access will be possible during this time via Calverley St and Willow Terrace; over the Inner Ring Road bridge.
- Pedestrian access will remain open.
- Travelling from the North of the City will involve taking a slightly longer route.
For delivery vehicles this will mean:
- HGV deliveries will also be affected due to the weak bridge crossing the Inner Ring Road at Calverley St / Willow Terrace, which has a weight restriction of 7.5 ton.
- Deliveries to the Post Room (EC Stoner East) will continue as normal.