Date of disruption: Saturday 17 March for a six-week period
Engie, the contractor employed by the University and NHS Trust to fit out the Generating Station Complex (GSC), will be digging a trench from the footpath between Social Sciences and the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building around Michael Sadler Building to the corner of Baines Wing – this is to lay ducts to allow the installation of new electrical cables. The trench work will start on Saturday 17 March 2018 for a six-week period.
Services to be interrupted: External access disruption, local digging noise, and local road traffic management.
Effects of this interruption upon building occupants: Potential local digging noise and access disruption.
Information for disabled staff and students: The automatic single side door to Michael Sadler will be closed for four weekends, 17/18 March, 24/25 March, 30/1 April, and 7/8 April. Unfortunately this severely restricts disabled access.
For alternative entry to the Michael Sadler building, enter Baines Wing via the main entrance (automatic doors), then:
– Travel up the ramp past the reception area and turn right
– Continue along the corridor and up the ramp, following signs to Parkinson Court
– When you reach the doorway at the end of the corridor, turn right into another corridor, away from Parkinson Court.
– Go through two sets of automatic doors, towards Philosophy
– As you enter Philosophy (end of the corridor), take the automatic door to the right and then turn right.
– You are now on the ground floor of Michael Sadler and can navigate to the accessible lifts further along the corridor (automatic doors in between).
Please bear with us as we continue to progress these essential works.
For enquiries please contact: Simon Gough S.J.Gough@leeds.ac.uk
Contact Telephone No: 0113 343 6988 / 07913 900088
If the above member of staff is unavailable, you have any general queries about our services or would like to add or remove a person from this email list, please contact the Estate Services Helpdesk on 0113 343 5555 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.