Engineering and Physical Sciences: Work commences on 20 March 2017
A programme of work will commence on 20 March to prepare for the £96m investment to create an integrated campus for Engineering and Physical Sciences.
To include new homes for the Schools of Computing and Physics & Astronomy, this investment will provide specialised teaching spaces and will be the hub for our new Bragg Centre, providing facilities and expertise to support multidisciplinary materials research involving physicists, chemists, biologists and engineers. This development will also integrate world-leading research in robotics and in Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
Phase one of the project will see the demolition of the former Estates Building and the Old Boiler House which are located near the Old Mining building on Woodhouse Lane. Installation of hoardings may affect your current route to and from Engineering buildings.
Plan your walking route! (Opens new PDF)
For staff and students this will mean:
- Planning your route and allowing extra time to get to where you need to be.
- Site hoardings will be in place from 20 March and may affect your current route to and from Engineering buildings.
- There will be some noise disturbance as work gets underway.
For those who make or receive deliveries this will mean:
- Delivery vehicles to Chemistry will have to exit the same way as they enter.
- Deliveries to Engineering from 20 March will be via Clarendon Road
Thank you for your cooperation and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact David Oldroyd on firstname.lastname@example.org or the Estates Helpdesk on 0113 34 3549
Find out more about the Engineering and Physical Sciences project.