The latest updates from the Esther Simpson Building project
Since the last project update in June there has been major progress at The Esther Simpson Building project on Cloberry Street.
Recent update from BAM Construction:
- We have completed forming the basement structure and poured all the higher slabs. We have only the remaining ground floor slab to install on site under the lecture theatre.
- Now the Upper Floors have been cast we are able to start installing the main roof for the new building. Materials will be brought in a lifted up using the site crane to allow the works to progress.
- We have had built 203 pre-cast panels with windows for the envelope of the building. Some of these weigh up to 8 tonnes and is the reason we have such a large crane on site. They will be hoisted into position and bolted to the side of the building.
- The panels are progressing around the building as we continue to enclose the building
- Works ongoing to form the main roof to the building working from the Southern side (Substation) towards North side (Cloberry Street)
- The installation of the 3rd floor Curtain Wall which forms a band of glass around the top floor of the building will commence soon.
- Works will begin to install the plasterboard walls internally.
- Works are now underway installing PV to the top of Newlyn Building roof. We are also undertaking works still within the Storm Jameson plantroom.
- Landscape works will commence on the corner of Woodsley Road & Clarendon Road next to Charles Thackrah Building.