Last updated on 17 November 2022
There will be disruption to road and pavement access during road resurfacing work on these dates;
Please read dates in conjunction with the annotated google maps image below;
- 5 September – Leeds City Council Highways will be resurfacing part of the roadway on Clarendon Road
- 5 – 9 September – Eric Wright Construction will be resurfacing the roadways on Lyddon Terrace, Lifton Place and Cromer Terrace.
- Leeds City Council will be working at the top of Mount Preston Street, however, they know about all the road closures in the area and will provide essential access for the university and residents etc.
- Refectory deliveries must use the rear deliveries entrance via. Mt. Preston Street and Cromer Road.
- Staff and parents visiting the Nursery must use the green route via. Mt. Preston Street then onto Back Westbourne Terrace.
The resurfacing of Lyddon Terrace, Lifton Place and Cromer Terrace will be complete by 9 September and use of these roads can resume.
Please consider that there will be a lot of two way traffic on Mount Preston Street during this time. Your patience is appreciated.
General information (all dates)
- Access on these dates will be stopped without exception,
- Pedestrian barriers will be placed at the top of each road to prevent access,
- All areas will be manned to prevent pedestrians from entering the working area,
- Please close the windows to your buildings during plaining. The road surface *plaining machine (this machine scrapes off old road surfacing) is noisy and kicks up some dust (the majority of dust is supressed by the machine).
The extent of all these road closures is highlighted in red on the google map image below.
During this time, access to this part of the campus will only be available via the route highlighted in green on the google map image below. This route is the Clarendon Road approach from Woodhouse Lane and onto Mount Preston Street.
Effects of this interruption
No access to roads and pavements in the vicinity of closures. Diversion signage and barriers will be installed to prevent vehicle and pedestrian access.
For enquiries please contact:
Adrian Smith, Estates Project Manager, Mobile: 07917520547.
If you have any general queries about our services or would like to add or remove a person from this email list, please contact the Estate Services Helpdesk on 0113 343 5555 or e-mail: email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused.