Date of disruption: from Monday 5 March until summer 2020
Work begins to prepare for the construction of the Sir William Henry Bragg Building.
Effects of these works: On 5 March, construction company BAM will erect new hoardings along Woodhouse Lane. This will result in disrupted walking routes and some potential traffic delays along Woodhouse Lane. Full construction work will commence late May and will be on site for two years.
For disabled staff, this will mean: There will no longer be staff parking bays or a taxi drop off point outside Chemistry West. Dedicated parking spaces for disabled staff are now located at Cloth Workers Central.
For disabled students, this will mean: The most direct route to Disability Services will be from University Road entrance, up from Cloth Workers buildings. However, this is closed until 26 March, due to urgent work being carried out by Yorkshire Water.
- Travel down Clarendon Road from Woodhouse Lane.
- You will drive past the University Road junction off Clarendon Road, this is currently closed until 26 March, so please keep going down Clarendon Road. (Once the Univerity Road junction re-opens cars will be able to turn left on to University Road, from Clarendon Road and drive straight down to Cloth Workers Central Building.)
- Keep going down Clarendon Road until you reach Mount Preston Street on your left-hand side. Turn on to Mount Preston Street.
- Take the first left on to Cromer Terrace.
- Then second left on to Cloberry Street.
- Second right on to Clarendon Place.
- Then first left and first right on to Lyddon Terrace.
- Drive to the end of Lyddon Terrace then turn right on to University Road.
- Drive down University Road, you will pass the School of Fine Art on your left, drive under the bridge and you will arrive at Cloth Workers Central building on your left-hand side.
- Designated parking spaces are directly opposite Cloth Workers Central Building.
- Go through the Great Hall arches and follow the normal route to Disability Services office.
For disabled staff, students and visitors arriving by taxi and wishing to get to Disability Services this will mean:
Please ask your taxi driver to enter campus at the University Road entrance and follow the directions detailed above. These directions will take you to the designated disabled parking spaces at Cloth Workers South, where you can be safely dropped off.
If these changes affect appointments or visits to Disability Services please contact them directly by calling 0113 343 3927 or emailing email@example.com.