Refurbishment of the School of Design
- Work begins: May 2017
- Work completed: April 2018
- Cost: £4.4m
Brief: The refurbishment will significantly improve the home of the School of Design.
The £4.4m investment in Clothworkers’ South has created new laboratories, exhibition areas and student spaces that will excite and enable. The building houses state of the art research facilities focused on 3D Weaving, Creative and Technical Digital Print, Sustainability and Colour.
To minimise the disruption to students during the busy exam period, a significant amount of work took place during the summer break to minimise disruption.
The following areas have been upgraded:
- Ground Floor : G07, G08, G10, G12, G15, G16 G30, G31 and Corridors (out of hours)
- First Floor : 102, 104, 107, 110, 111 and Corridors (out of hours)
- Second Floor : 206, 209 and Corridors (out of hours)
- Third Floor : 314, 315 and Corridors (out of hours)
With the exception of rooms 107 and 206 which will commence on the 8th May 2017.
All News for Refurbishment of the School of Design
Browse through our other Campus Masterplan projects