LUBS and School of Law Expansion – Esther Simpson Building
- Work begins: November 2019
- Work due to be completed: Autumn 2021
- Cost: Part of a three-phased multi-million pound investment
Brief: Phase three of a multi-million pound project to develop new Leeds University Business School and School of Law buildings. These will provide technology-rich, flexible teaching spaces, lecture theatres and trading rooms, further advancing the delivery of world-class teaching solutions.
Watch the development of the Esther Simpson Building project.
- Basement walls formed.
- Steel frame completed.
- Precast façade completed.
- Curtain wall completed.
- Roof completed.
- Below ground drainage complete.
- Internal partitions completed.
- First fix MEP completed.
- Raised Access Floors completed.
- Second fix MEP well progressed.
- Lift installation almost complete.
- Externals works well progressed.
- Final finishes commenced.
- Ceiling installation commenced.
- Commissioning to commenced imminently.
Our contractor, BAM, continue to work hard to keep disruption and noise to a minimum. Thank you to our students, staff and members of the public for their continued patience as work takes place.
All News for LUBS Expansion
Browse through our other projects