Language Centre Refurbishment
- Work begins: Autumn 2018
- Work due to be completed: Autumn 2019
- Cost: £5m
- Contractors: Overbury
Brief: An innovative transformation of the Language Centre’s facilities will commence this year. Located in the historic Parkinson Building, the Centre will undergo a significant transformation, predominantly over Levels 2 and 3, creating new state of the art teaching facilities for students and space for staff.
This exciting transformation will ensure the Language Centre continues to provide high quality teaching and support to students and facilities to staff whilst also remaining as a key gateway to the University for many international students.
On completion, the Language Centre’s facilities in the Parkinson building will provide a modern and attractive learning environment. The Language Centre also has teaching facilities in the Ziff building and Lyddon Terrace.
Students and staff will benefit from:
- Refurbished common and pastoral areas to provide a modern, attractive learning environment.
- A new reception/student support area and improved signage throughout the Language Centre.
- Improved classroom spaces with new audio visual equipment to enhance the learning experience.
- Sector-leading, technology enhanced innovative teaching spaces which will allow for collaborative teaching methods facilitated with technology.
- New breakout areas and private seating booths for group or individual study.
- Additional meeting and consultation rooms for 1 to 1 or group study sessions.
- New staff facilities including kitchen areas and breakout space.
- Improved lighting and ventilation to provide a more comfortable and energy efficient environment.
- Week commencing 5 November Teaching will recommence at 9, Blenheim Terrace
- Preparatory work begins week commencing 12 November 2018
- Language Centre re-opens Autumn 2019
Browse through our other projects