This exciting transformation will ensure the Language Centre continues to provide high quality teaching and support to students and facilities to staff whilst also remaining as a key gateway to the University for many international students.
On completion, the Language Centre’s facilities in the Parkinson building will provide a modern and attractive learning environment. The Language Centre also has teaching facilities in the Ziff building and Lyddon Terrace.
Students and staff will benefit from:
- Refurbished common and pastoral areas to provide a modern, attractive learning environment.
- A new reception/student support area and improved signage throughout the Language Centre.
- Improved classroom spaces with new audio visual equipment to enhance the learning experience.
- Sector-leading, technology enhanced innovative teaching spaces which will allow for collaborative teaching methods facilitated with technology.
- New breakout areas and private seating booths for group or individual study.
- Additional meeting and consultation rooms for 1 to 1 or group study sessions.
- New staff facilities including kitchen areas and breakout space.
- Improved lighting and ventilation to provide a more comfortable and energy efficient environment.